DLT Registration Is Now a Mandate!
SMSINDIAHUB Telemarketer ID : 1702157373640103575
DLT Registatrion is now mandate – Regulatory had released DLT Registration process and accordingly we need to follow.
- TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) had released The Telecom Commercial Communications Customer Preference Regulations, 2018 (TCCCPR) on 19th July 2018 for .
- We at SMSINDIAHUB are taking various measures to offer regulatory compliant solutions in line with TRAI vision to create a cleaner and more transparent system.
- With this communication, we want to inform you about the multiple phases for implementing the above Regulation which mandated the use of Blockchain technology also known as Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) to implement the solution.
- Operators have already implemented the DLT system. The first phase of the regulation focused on registering all Entity/Enterprise on the new platform. SMSINDIAHUB is already registered as Telemarketer on the operator’s DLT platform and we need you to proactively engage in this and register as Principle Entity (Enterprise) to comply with the new regulation.
- Click to Download – TRAI New Regulation (TCCCPR)
How to Register on DLT platform?
To Register on DLT platform you need to choose the correct type, there are two type of DLT registration one is Entity registration and another is Telemarketer registration. Detailed description given below;
Type of DLT Registration
As Entity : A business unit, company legally recognized institution on person engaged in business or service who would like to send communication to customers intended recipients through SMS or voice call through a register telemarketer. Following are the (DLR Registration) Entity Registration Links.
As Telemarketer : A legal entity or person , who on behalf on entity or entities is connected with telecom service provider directly for indirectly for the purpose aggregation or delivery or both for sms or voice communication. Following are the (DLR Registration) Telemarketer Registration links.
- For Enterprise registration, request you to first start registration with Videocon DLT (Registration Fee of Rs.5900 if waived off till 10th Feb. 2020) and get a unique Entity Id from Videocon (This might take around 72 working hours to get approved) which should be used with Videocon operator.
- Please not while registring please select SMSINDIAHUB telemarketer which is available on DLT as SMSINDIAHUB Unique Registration ID 1702157373640103575
- In case you have done already don registration with any other telemarketer on the operator platform then you just need to select SMSINDIAHUB Telemarketer ID 1702157373640103575
1. Why is it necessary to register the entity on Videocon DLT Platform?
As per the process we SMSINDIAHUB has been made to understand that we have to get all our users registered on whichever telecom operator’s connectivity we are using for SMS delivery. For e.g. If we are using Multi operator connectivity like BSNL, Videocon, Vodafone, etc. then all our users have to register on all these operator’s DLT Platform. We SMSINDIAHUB also have to register as Telemarketer on all these operator’s DLT Platform.
We are registered on Videocon and videocon has given few days to register all our customers for Free on their DLT platform we are asking our customers to register first on Videocon’s DLT platform.
2. Do I need to pay DLT Registration Fees Rs. 5000+GST (Rs.5900)?
Yes 5900 has to be paid to the telecom operator as DLT registration charge. We are not taking that charge. Also we are getting the entities registered for free whenever the operators are giving us the communication of the same.
3. If we do not register on DLT platform will our SMS delivery be stopped?
We are connected with multiple operator we will try to pass on the maximum possible flexibility to our esteemed client’s, but we SMSINDIAHUB is the aggregator of SMS service wherein we are dependent on the telecom service providers like Vodafone-Idea, Videocon, BSNL, Airtel, MTNL etc. So in case these operators implement the rules strictly as per TRAI mandate then we will be forced to comply with the norms and will not be able to process SMS from Unregistered Entities.
4. Has the entity to do only company registration on DLT platform?
No. Entity registration is only one of the steps, the Further Phase (2) and Phase (3) includes Header (Sender ID) registration and Content Template Registration respectively, which will be communicated soon.
5. What is Distributed ledger technology? (DLT)
Distributed ledger technology (DLT) is a online system for keeping and managing the record of sender ID and Templates.!
We are following the Instructions from the Telecom operators for this Process based on the TRAI Mandate and are not sure about the implications and effects of this process. Thanks for cooperating with us.
Some parts of this blog have been curated from TRAI’s official website for informational purpose.