Meaning of prefixes like AM, DM, TD when you receive a sms?
When a person or user receives a sms from any company or institute a sender name displayed along with a prefix is in the inbox. For example – DM-SMSHUB, TD-HDFCBK etc.
- Sender ID/Header for Transnational Messages :
- Where’A’ stands for the operator code here its “Airtel”
- ‘M’ is stands for the service company area here its “Mumbai”
- ‘-‘ is the delimiter
- ‘ABCDEF’ indicates six alphabets for company or organization sending Transnational SMS
- Only one Sender ID is allowed per account & maximum 6 Characters (alpha numeric)
- Sender ID is subjected to approval.
|Aircel, Dishnet Wireless||D|
|BPL Mobile/Loop Telecom||L|
The latter character represents the location of the operator through which the message is received:
|Jammu & Kashmir||J|