Meaning of different status in the delivery reports?
There are various status in the delivery report and their meanings are as follows:
- Submitted– This status is displayed when SMS are submitted to our operator.
- Delivered– When the messages are received by the user successfully, delivered is displayed.
- Undelivered/Failed– A message can fail due to different reasons and stops it from getting delivered.
- Rejected– Out of coverage area (or) switched Off.
The error might be due to poor network coverage area and the same flag was updated
in the HLR as absent subscriber. the Operator does re-retry for a defined time post which the SMS is termed as “Reject”.
- Others– FSM time out happens when the far end operator has not acknowledged delivery receipt about the message delivery (success/failure) to the handset. It is purely dependent on far end network. the Operator does re-retry for a defined time post which the SMS is termed as “Others”.
- DND – When number is registered in Do Not Disturb Registry